Monday, August 1, 2011

Change is the future

Have you every wanted to have some kind of impact on someone’s like? Something that, that person will never forget and they will always remember that you were the one to help them? I think everyone needs help at some point in there life no matter what it is for. More than anything I want to be able to help people because I think that is what this world needs. Whether they are kids or adults they are people and they need help in someway. The world has changed compared to what it use to be many years ago. This world isn’t safe anymore. You have children getting taken from there own home and getting killed, kids that are killed by the ones that are suppose to take care of them, the ones that they trust, and then you have the people that don’t care about anything they do and don’t care who they hurt on the way. These children that are out there getting harmed, abuse, and hurt are the future of this world. If they grow up knowing that the world is like that and criticizes everything the future is only going to get worst and become less safe and to me that isn’t fair because this world can be such a great and wonderful place.

Something I hear commonly is that people don’t know how to handle change, but that is something I don’t believe. If people don’t know how to handle change then tell me why isn’t it affecting them that technology is changing and taking over peoples lives? Or the fact that it is changing how kids are treated by there parents or how they treat there parents? Or even that there are world disasters that are happening and no one is doing anything about it? That is all change. There is change that is happening all around us, but people can’t handle change? That is a lie and I think the world is changing every single day all around us and people know how to handle it. But what I don’t think they know what to handle is the fact of making change that is good. People everywhere say that they want to change the world or they want to be apart of changing it. But why isn’t anyone stepping up and starting that change? I think it is because its not part of the status quo, the world wants to make change but its not what everyone is doing. And that is what is wrong with the world and people these days they have to follow and they can’t take the lead.

I am only 17 and I know that I am not able to change the entire world, or even a majority of it. But I want to be that one person that steps up and try. Trying may not fix everything but its one more person that is putting there foot out there to help and see what they can become and what they can do to make the world better than it is today. For me I want to help children because I feel they are the future and they are the ones that can carry this on. Social work will give me the ability to help children in everything that they need and make them see they are amazing people and that they deserve the life that they were given. I don’t expect to change every child’s life but if there are the couple that I can impact that will make me happy and make me feel accomplish. Children are everything and the way they are growing up right now isn’t right, these children are our future and that is something they need to be shown. I can’t wait to help change the world in my own way and beside the fact of becoming a social worker America isn’t the only country that needs to be save, but there are other children of our future that are suffering everyday, and that is those kids in Africa and other countries like that. Every child deserves there life and to live it like a child that they should. I do plan on visiting those other countries and also I plan on adopting a child that needs a family so that they are given the chance every child deserves.

Always remember when you see a child they are the future, Teach them the right things because that is what they deserve. Also, Change the world by taking one step you fell is right.<3

2 comments: