Friday, January 2, 2015

The Happiness Project

As 2015 starts I sat and thought most of what I want this years. Like the resolutions everyone makes and breaks I wanted something different. I don't want to make my new years resolution be that i'm going to workout more or eat healthier. I wanted something that was going to beneft me in more ways. What I want is to become happier. Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love the life that I live and I am happy with were I am in my life. But there are so many things in this world that we all could do to make us happier. For me I could stop complaining, eat better, exercise more, stop procrastinating, enjoy my time with the ones around me, so many little things that I could change in my daily routine to make me happier. But how would I go about changing these things if I was waking up every day and saying that I will do it tomorroow (procrastination at its finest) I have to start somewhere.

So I am setting out on my happiness journey. I will take steps everyday, month by month, and live a happier life. I will get rid of all the negativity in my life and just surround myself with positivity. I had someone share a book with me the other day and I read about it and decided to buy it. Gretchen Rubin talks about creating 12 things you want to focus on, picking one each month for a whole year. For my happiness project and in the month of January I am going to focus on energy. 

Like Rubin did in her happiness project, I will focus on both physical and mental energy. Going to bed early and getting enough sleep are hard for me with my work schedule but I can still do other things. I will take small steps by drinking more water each day and also by working out everyday. Becooming healthier will provide me with more energy that I need. My hope for this project are not just to become happier but to document my journey. By doing that I have also began a 100 days of happiness on instagram. I hope to update my blog monthly as well. 

I hope everyone has the happiest 2015!!!


xoxo, Marissa


The days are long, but the years are short.

The Happiness Project
Gretchen Rubin

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Marissa! 2015 is going to be a stellar year for you!

    Brooke (aka 2Che)

    ReplyDelete